Saturday 19 August 2017

Santorini - Suzanna and Jude's wedding

After a few days in England unpacking and trying to find some shoes for the wedding. It was time to pack again and head off down to London. I was in a rush to get ready that I was thinking on the way to the train station 'what have I forgotten?' It was my evening outfits but it was too late to turn back and get them! I arrived at Suzy's and we tried to piece some outfits together. We then went to the pub for dinner and a pub quiz. There was 8 of us on the team and we had 3 rounds; general knowledge, name that cartoon character and name that song. It was very much a whole team effort, we got 55 marks out of 64! We won and got to choose the first box, a mystery what we would win! We got the highest prize £40, that was £5 each. 


We finished late into the night and ended up going to bed at 12.

With about a 2 hour nap, the alarms rang and it was time to get up and head to the airport for our flight to Santorini! When we got air-side it was time to grab some breakfast before the flight. I ended up swapping with Peter so I could have a window seat and he could have the aisle. As soon as I got in my seat I was dead to the world so much so that I kept waking, looking out the window and we hadn't moved. I thought, 'this is a long time we are taking or was I only asleep for 5 minutes!' It was then announced that someone was ill so we missed our take off slot so had to wait for another one...back to sleep I go. Finally after about 2 hours we were on the runway and taking off. 


I sleep some more meanwhile most the people on the plane was the wedding party so everyone was having a great time chatting to one another. I did wake up in the end and join in in conversation. After landing we had a group photo and I got a transfer with Fay, Eloise and Colette.  I was sharing a hotel room with them. Upon arriving at the hotel...the lady said she only had 3 down on the booking not 4, we had to start ringing the company to find out what had happened and get the most communicate we had booked for 4. This was not really what we needed after the delay with the plane. We mange to sort it and had a little time to chill by the pool before having to get ready for the evening out at a meal with everybody. Delicious food was followed by drinks out on the town. As the girls and I were quite tired we had an earlyish night.


The next day the girls and I spent it just relaxing by the pool. We had wine tasting booked for the evening but before that we went to grab some dinner. Our hotel recommended the restaurant at a sister hotel which was only down the road. We took a short walk there and asked a shop keeper the way, they opened the back of the shop and we headed down step...turning the corner it opened out on a magnificent site with cliff views.




It was still so hot with the sun beating down on us we had to sit inside but it still manged to follow us in. After a huge meal we made our way to wine tasting. When everybody had arrived we had our platter of wine served. We had 3 white wines, 1 rose, 1 red and a dessert wine with bread sticks to cleanses the palette. 




I tasted a sip from each then drank it with the least favourite first...although I couldn't drink the red wine so I swapped it for someone else's rose (that was my favourite) . Considering I don't like wine I did a good job of polishing them off! We didn't want the night to end so it was off out to a bar, we got the private area...I really enjoyed talking to people and getting to know them more. Was it time for chicken nuggets?!

Last day before the wedding, this day was spent with girls and boys separate (bit like another stag and hen). The men went off on a boat for the day then headed out to a bar. The ladies spent the day at a pool party.


We arrived and got shown to our beds for the day then we got waited on. Ordering drinks and food...this was a very chilled day dipping in the pool and sipping drinks. 




Later on a famous Greek DJ came and started a set but as the sun set we all headed back so we couldn get an early night ready and rested for the wedding. On the way back Suzy wouldn't walk to the taxi rank as she didn't want to bump into Jude at the bar they were are...some people went ahead to bring the taxi back but it wouldn't come so we had to make our way but luckily they had bumped into the boys and they locked Jude in the toilet so that they wouldn't see each other before the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment