Sunday 10 September 2017

To Australia again...the flight and Sydney - 03.09.17 - 05.09.17

Well after travelling home from Oz to go to the wedding in Santorini and then spending a very short time at home trying to sort my house out and seeing friends I was back on a plane back to Oz.

I said my goodbyes, hopped on a train to Heathrow and checked in for my very long journey back to Australia. I flew on the same plane from London to Sydney only stopping in Dubai to refuel. This was such a quick stop after disembarking, going through security and a toilet stop it was time to start boarding again. I tried to stay on Australian time on the plane after stopping in Dubai so I wouldn't have jetlag too bad. It was easy to stay awake when I needed to but getting to sleep was much harder.
I left the UK on the Sunday 3rd and arrived in Australia on Tuesday the 5th...I had missed out a whole day due to the long flight and the time difference.

Arriving about 5am with virtually no sleep I was in for a day of trying to stay awake till night time. After I collected my backpack and made it through customs I found someone waiting for me...Joaquín! I was so excited and happy to see him after being away. We made our way to the taxi rank and headed to our hotel to drop our bags but luckily they said they had our room ready so we could check in there and then...I was quite relieved to have a quick shower before heading out for breakfast. 



We found Celsius (a great recommendation from Ling - thanks), this was a small cafe right on the harbour with the waves crashing on the rocks beside us. Afterwards we took a ferry over to Circular Quay and made our way to the Pylon Lookout of the Harbour Bridge. 

We read on the way up how they managed to build the bridge and then had spectacular views from the top of Sydney. It was clear but windy so we could see for miles.



I was fighting back the sleep and had lunch but I couldn't resist a quick nap on returning to the hotel. I had to meet up with Susan and Janet very briefly to collect some of my things I had left at theirs (it saved me taking it all the way back home just to bring it back again). 

  • It was then time to eat again; Joaquín and I met up with Luis for dinner. We ate yummy Italian food while we had a great catch up but I could keep my eyes open much longer so it was definitely time now to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment