Wednesday 20 June 2018

Third stop Java - Part 2

Bandung
The train ride was an over night 8 hour journey. We had seats which tilted back with a pillow and a blanket but they kept the lights on all night. It was alright as I had my trusty eyemask. After arriving in Bandung and checking into our hostel Joaquin needed a nap so I caught up on my blog. It was Ramadan so most things were closed but we found a place to eat and then decided to go and watch Jurassic World at the cinema.

In the morning we set off for the Geological Museum but when we arrived it was closed due to Ramadan. I found out that the holiday was over that day but most places were not open until the Tuesday or Wednesday. We managed to find Upside down world and it was open; we had a lot of fun taking many photos, Monty joined in too.



I didn't have a good night's sleep as some people that had checked into the room were not very considerate all night making noise.

Jakarta
It was off to the train station again for our train, this was only a 3 and a half hour journey this time. Checked into the hostel, sorted some of or things and headed out to visit the Puppet Museum and the History Museum. It was interesting to see the puppets they had in Indonesia and saw the fine details that went into making and decorating them. They also had some other puppets from around the world. 


The History Museum wasn't as intreresting it mainly had furniture from different periods. I noticed when I arrived back to the hostel that I had been bitten all over my feet which was strange as I had my shoes on! We got back to the hostel and was chilling in bed when Joaquín said what is that...I examined it...it was a bed bug. That was it is was stripping the bed on search for more just to make sure. I found more, we went to complain and they moved us to a new room and different beds but before I got into it I again stripped the beds and searched. I didn't find any but still was scared to sleep and wake up covered in bites.

Luckily I woke in the morning not to find any more bites,  phew! We made our way to the square to post a postcard when a group of girls came screaming up to me for selfies and Joaquín the boys.


This seemed to form a queue, finally the queue finished and we were off. We spent the day seeing the National Monument, a cathedral and some water roundabouts.
The last day there we spent in the hostel just planning more of our adventures only venturing out for food.



No comments:

Post a Comment