Thursday 5 December 2019

November - uneventful but very eventful!

This month has been a little boring as I’ve not got much to write about; I’ve been doing a lot of wedding planning and haven’t been out and about. However, this month has been eventful with the protests and riots still going on, I have many things to add to my post about all the protests in Chile...post still under construction. 

I finally managed to get Joaquin’s birthday present as the shop had reduced opening times due to the protests. 
He is very happy with his new bike and we have been on a few cycle rides up and down the city!

I’ve been on another hike to see more flowers in the hills, Sarah and Felipe invited us to join them. It was a very interesting walk where I saw some rare flowers and ones that only grow in the area. The cacti are amazing and huge. I learnt that they only grow a few centimetres a year (or when the rains come) so some of these cacti are hundreds of years old. We also went up a sand dune; I got so much sand in my shoes as I was jumping down it. I emptied my shoes at the bottom and then again about 5 times when I got home, I don't know where the sand kept coming from!



Found a big spider...well not as big as ones in Australia!
This made me laugh...
A parking space only for pregnant woman! What is happening...they don't have a disability! I think they see it as an illness here in Chile.

In scouts the girls have been practicing their camping skills, one of which is putting up a tent! Problem is it took them about 45 minutes to put the tent up. I think they need more practice to get quicker. I also now have my uniform.



I had to visit the British Embassy in Santiago to sort out some paperwork to be able to get married so spent a few days there. We visited the centre and saw the impact the protests have had there and been researching on what we should to when my family come to visit in February. 

So here in Chile they have refillable bottles for fizzy drinks. First you buy a bottle and your drink, then when you have finished you go back with the empty bottle, pick a new one and return your old one.
The Christmas tree has already been put up...it’s only November! The kids have been singing Christmas songs I banned them till December then they can sing to their hearts content.

No comments:

Post a Comment