Tuesday 31 July 2018

Flight home...nearly a flight back!

It was a very long day for us...up early to catch our flight which was on time.  A 13 hour flight from Singapore to London Gatwick. We enjoyed our flight watching many flims and playing games, didn't get any sleep but we hoped that would help with the jet lag.

I was so excited to be seeing everyone again and introducing Joaquín, Leo has been super excited about picking us up from the train station.


We get to border control, in I go...Joaquín gets detained! They started by putting Joaquín in a room and then asked me questions and took my passport and documents. Next I see Joaquín walking off and I don't hear from him for hours. I get a call from an officer to ask me a ton questions more to see if our stories match. I had to get my bag and then I found a seat to just wait and wait. I met another man in a similar situation, so we got chatting. His girlfriend comes out and I just hope and hope for the best for Joaquín. Finally I get a call from Joaquín but we don't know any more news, it's just a waiting game! It's gets to the stage that we have been up for 24 hours and I'm hungry.

Still have to wait! After 8 hours of waiting I was told that he will be deported in the morning back to Singapore. He told me that they didn't believe that he was only here as a tourist. I just didn't know what to do, I rang my dad and he was not happy about this decision. He called up immigration and had a word with them. Meanwhile I had spoken to Joaquín and started to make my way in a taxi to Suzy's for the night and hoped I could sort something out in the morning. In the taxi I get a call from my dad to say Joaquín is being let out in the next 20 mins...I had to get the taxi driver to take me back to the airport. He asked me if I had forgotten something! I really don't know how my dad did it. Eventually we made our way to Suzy's for the night as we had missed the train.

After some well needed rest we had a great catch up with Jude and Suzy and finally made our way up on the trains to Peterborough.


Now we were home/in the country we could relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment