Sunday 24 December 2017

Townsville December 2017

After spending a few nights in Brisbane...catching up on sleep and repacking our bags it was time to head off up to Townsville for 5 days.

When Joaquín and I arrived early in Townsville, we dropped our bags at the hostel, found some breakfast and did our Christmas shopping. Then it was time to make our way back to the airport to pick up/meet Joaquín's parents (Coty and Jorge). I was quite nervous to meet them; 1 because I was meeting his parents, 2 because they don't speak English and me not very much Spanish and 3 because I hoped they were going to like me.

They flew all the way from Chile with 2 changes and I was sure they would be tired. So for the first evening we went out for dinner (which they were trying very hard to stay awake for) then it was definitely time for bed.


That week we did some shopping, took a walk along the beach, visited the Museum of Tropical Queensland, saw all the fish at the aquarium and found the botanical gardens.


I enjoyed the museum...they had a pirate exhibition and one on pearls which were fascinating. The aquarium was like all the other aquariums with lots of fish but it also had a tunnel to walk through which was cool to see.


 
I had a lovely few days there just relaxing and not rushing around.

Monty enjoyed making a new friend at the aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment