Monday 12 December 2016

2nd time in Goa 04.12.16 - 10.12.16

After a long 3 hour drive from Pune to Mumbai then a delayed flight to Goa and again another taxi ride...I finally got to the Jungle.
I arrived late so I had the security man show me to my room, kingfisher...to find that the sheets are not clean and a pair of shorts in the bed so the security man went and get me some clean sheets and helped me change them. Then he took me to show me the common area, he was like off you go and make some friends but I was so tired I went and unpacked and got into bed.

I spent the week catching up on my blog, making new friends, eating and drinking and spent some time at the beach.

My first day I decided to take a trip to the beach and guess what I found there...yes cows!  They are everywhere in India. In the evening I found some people chilling so I joined them and went out for a drink...I was super hungry after not eating for 11 hours so Abdo, Glen and I went in search of food and came across Goa's Ark - delicious food. It was then time to meet everyone again for the rave, we all tried to get into the beat but gave up, some went back to the Jungle but I went with the boys to the beach were we sat listened to the rave behind, watched the waves lap on the beach and saw the distant boat lights flashing.

The next day I went down to the beach with Alex and Devon...we lay down on a sun bed, the next minute I have a cow headbutting me off it! Frisbee time, we played a game that if you didn't catch it you had to loose a limb I ended up trying to catch it with my head. In the evening we were going to go out and everyone was chatting at the hostel...when suddenly Alex and I saw a flash of light in the sky; what was it! We went to investigate just in case aliens had landed but we only found a very comfortable chair so ended up chatting for hours before it was bed time as the others decided that 1am was the best time to start going out to party.
Up early the next morning for the market. Glen, Alex and I spent ages going around the colorful stalls. Glen got annoyed with all the men selling drums, drumming them in his ear...with a hangover it's not great! Alex brought a whole new wardrobe and many women saying 'come look at my stall' then men (only selling mens cloths) 'come have a look see what you like'...I don't think I will find anything for me in there! I just brought a very big sheet for the beach. Then in the afternoon it was time to test it out with another trip to the beach.  As most people went out the night before they were all having an early night so we got sat playing card games. Then it was off down to the beach with Alex and a guy from Denmark (whos name escapes me) to find some music to dance to. We found a reggae/jungle night and with a sand dance floor we were set.

Thursday was just a morning chilling and after lunch I headed down to the beach with Devon, Alex, Glen and Max. This time I actually got into the sea, it was quite warm; the boys played frisbee. Pub quiz night...I was in team one and we called our selves 'The Fact Hunt', we actually won the quiz with 17 points but we would have got more if the boys had listened to me and put Europe down as the answer to the question - which continent has the most heritage sites? - anyway we still won. For winning we got a crate of beer to share, as I am not a beer drinker I was nice enough to share mine out. 2nd place was Devon's team with 16 and 1/2 points but they won a round of shots because they won the best team name of 'The Sexy Quizners'.

Friday was my last day and night at the Jungle. Naturally it was an afternoon spent at the beach but before that for the morning I was catching up on the blog, playing card games and did a little packing. We watched the disappointing sunset on the way back from the beach and then got ready to go out. We sat chatting and drinking around in the hostel before I managed to get few to come for dinner at Goa's Ark as I really enjoyed the food there, everyone that came said the same thing! We then walked down to the beach to find a good place to party but nothing special was happening so the boys played a game of pool and back to the hostel we went. When we were at the local beach in the day they were setting up something and people were saying it was a festival. Devon and I then took a walk down there to see what was happening but we were not missing out on much so it was then time to head back to bed.


I really enjoyed my time in Goa and met some great people...thanks for a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment