Tuesday 27 December 2016

Mauritius 11.12.16 - 26.12.16

In my 15 days staying at the Royal Palm in Mauritius I have been;

Relaxing by the pool, swimming, water skiing and canoeing.

Playing tennis

Enjoying the beach

Out on the boat

Swimming with dolphins
It was so amazing to see them swimming around, they are so fast. I managed to follow a pod under me for a while and then they were off but then I hear some more and I look to my right and there were more swimming right next to me!

Snorkeling
We went out on the glass bottomed boat many times to the reef. I saw so many different types of fish - some with long noses, some spotted and striped and others very tiny or large. I also saw some starfish, octopuses and clams. The zebra fish were so friendly and got very close to us, it was so amazing to see them so up close.


Christmas Eve
On Christmas Eve we had lunch on the beach - it was such a lovely setting with the clear turquoise water lapping on the beach. In the evening there was a big party with carols and drinks by the pool before my wonderful meal of pepperoni pizza and chocolate dessert. Before we danced the night away at the bar.


Christmas Day
It started with Santa arriving at the hotel on water skies. Then off to the magic show before the presents for the children were handed out, I even got pulled up to help with the act - very amusing as it evolved me trying to throw a ball into a large pocket. A late breakfast of pancakes with Nutella before we spent the day chilling, reading and swimming of course. In the evening I had lasagna at the Italian, it was delicious.


I think I broke someone's heart in Mauritius...I had an employee of the hotel try to serenade me with his singing, he kept telling me I was beautiful, gave me a red rose and finally plucked up the courage to ask me out for drinks. Fortunately I had to work so no drinks night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment