Tuesday 18 July 2017

Melbourne again - week 1 - 10.07.17 - 16.07.17

Highlights from week one in Melbourne:

Joaquín showed me his flat, introduced me to his flatmates and took me on a tour of the gym and swimming pool. We had a few evenings in the pool and sauna while I was in Melbourne.

It was Przemek's birthday, we got him a present and cake...which he was so excited about. We then went out for a few drinks to celebrate.

I had a great catch up with Ashleigh for lunch. We went along flinders lane and found a lovely cafe for a light lunch. It turnt into quite a long lunch as we kept talking and talking...It was so nice to catch up.

I took a walk down by St Kilda and then met Kate for a walk along the pier there at sunset. Melbourne as the backdrop on a beautiful sunset was stunning. On the walk down the peir we saw a few penguins coming in for the night.



At the hostel I was sharing a room with 2/3 others, Robert was one of them and he invited me to play some pool one afternoon. It was a close match but he just won as he potted the black ball first we then played a doubles match with some others from the hostel, which we won!

Joaquín and I danced the night away at Latino party. The first one we had arrived at had finished because there was not  enough people so we caught the tram over to another one where it was packed, we enjoyed dancing away together.

I met Kate and Kelly at the Melbourne Museum to go into the bug exhibition but by the time we had queued the only slot the could give us was too late as Kelly had to go back to work. I think it was because of the school holidays. We went for ice cream instead. 


Kelly went off to work so Kate and I went shopping and stumbled upon Finders Keepers Market it was packed with stalls selling cloths, homewear and food. They had live entertainment as well. Kate and I brought a candle but before we did so we had to smell all the candles in the whole market! Afterwards we met up with Kelly and Joaquín for a drink at Heartbreakers, a really cool bar.


Saturday I went to an Afl (Australian Football League). Annoyingly we missed the first quarter because the bank decided to take there time when we went in the morning! Joaquín and I arrived at "The G" (Melbourne Cricket Ground) and got our tickets then headed up to the heavens to find some seats. Kate was already there watching the game with the family. The match was between the Geelong Cats and the Hawthorns...I obviously supported the Cats! They were loosing when we got there but it was an interesting game and a close match. 


With the last quarter being the most competitive but in the end the Cats won! After the match we met up with Kate and and went for coffee before heading off to Joaquín's friends BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment