Tuesday 25 July 2017

Melbourne again - week 2 - 17.07.17 - 22.07.17

Highlights from week two in Melbourne:

Przemek wanted to go on a hike for his birthday. We all met at Southen Cross to catch a train to Little River. When we arrived we had to walk 5.4 km from the train station before we even arrived at You Yang Regional Park. Along the way we kept stopping to pat horses and take photos. Finally we reached the park and started our hike! We took a track; following it around, up and down until we reach a height that had magnificent views.


This is where we stopped for the BBQ lunch of kangaroo sausages. After lunch most people had to head back to the train station but Przemek, Andres, Joaquín and I headed further up and reached a peak. 


The views were even more spectacular from there, seeing Melbourne in the distance. It was then our turn to head back to the station; walking fast around, up but maninly down and straight on to the station which we arrived back with 5 minutes to spare. That was a tiring day but much fun was had.

I met Kate, Reggie and Kelly at the Melbourne Museum, this time we actually got to see the bug exhibition. The exhibition was very well done and planned out, it was very interactive for the children and had lots of facts to learn. I didn't learn many new facts I didn't already know but I did find it interesting how they are using bugs and their features to help design many things (like medicines, robot design and bank note security). Reggie and Kate had to go home.

Kelly and I took a wonder through the rest of the museum with Monty.

Joaquín and I tried bubble tea. I actually had a fruit juice but it was very weird at first to get "bubbles" of flavour that popped in your mouth.



One day when I was trying to update my blog at the hostel the power went out right before I was going to get some lunch...something had tripped a fuse but emargancy lighting worked. It was starting to get a bit chilly so I decided to head out to the acmi (Australian Centre for the Moving Image). I found it interesting to read about how moving photos started and then how they turnt into flims and video games we have today. Only as I returned to the hostel and was walking up through stairs the power came back on! Yeah food time!

In the pouring rain I took a walk along the river on the South Bank to Fitzroy Park where I met with Kelly. We went to see Captain Cook's cottage, this was originally in England and Cook's father had it dismantled, numbered and shipped over to Australia and reassembled. It was very small but interesting to learn about it, we got to play dress up in the garden too! 


Afterwards we found the fairy tree then headed off to a market...it was raining so much we had our picnic in the car first.


I visited the State Library and had a wonder around on all levels. 


Then met Joaquín after work for a delicious Indian and then to the cinema to watch Dunkirk. Great film...go and see it if you haven't already.

Went to watch "Supermax" a series from South America, it was all in Spanish...we got to watch the first 2 episodes. I'm not sure about it, I would like to watch the rest just to see how it ended. Afterwards Joaquín cooked the Chilian dish for me again and again it was delicious.

On my last day it was busy...first I had to pack all my things up then it was off to Kate's for a pizza day. Her boses had a pizza day where they invited friends and family. They needed help with making pizzas, looking after the kids and making sure the drinks were flowing. Kate, Kelly and I were super busy on our feet, I ended up making the pizza bases all afternoon.


I really enjoyed it! I also made my own four cheese pizza, it was surprisingly good! 


After all that hard work we headed out to meet Joaquín, Przemek and Tom at Section 8 and then went on to Father's Office for drinks and a dance before I had to say my goodbyes.

Had to get up early for my flight back to Sydney...said goodbye to Joaquín before boarding the SkyBus and jumped on my flight over.

No comments:

Post a Comment