Tuesday 23 January 2018

Last days in Sydney

It was time to catch a flight from Adelaide to Sydney...the flight was the worst one I have even taken for travel sickness, I've never experienced travel sickness on a plane before!

After a night in Sydney it was time for Coty and Jorge to make their way back to Chile. The month had gone by so quickly and we managed to squeezed in so much. We all went over to the airport and this is where the problems started! We went to the airline to check in and they couldn't find the flight so we had to go to another airline desk and waited in the queue...it was getting later and later and I needed to make my way back so Joaquín and I could check out of the hostel. I wished them a safe flight and all the best. I heard from Joaquín that they couldn't find them on the flight but eventually someone solved the problem and they were checked in and making their way back home.

I spent some time sorting out somethings in Australia...closed my bank account, cancel my phone number and tried to find my visa for New Zealand as on the immigration website my visa was no where to be found. I had to ring immigration and they said that my visa document was was blank! Finally someone managed to email it over to me, phew!


It was off to Bundanoon on the Friday to visit Virginia and Pete and the animals. It was lovely to see them again and to see what work had been done on the property since I had left. As we got to the driveway we were greated with new gates. 


There was a new covered arena and the new stables were underway. It was nice for them to meet Joaquín. I went to say hello to the horses; Dez, Fiorella and Dan. 




We had a lovely lunch and a great time catching up. The time few so quickly and it was already time to leave. I wished them all the best with everything and waved goodbye.

My last day in Australia was spent looking for jobs again...the lady that had offered me the nannying post emailed me 2 days before I was due to start to say that she had employed someone else...thought once you had filled a position and agreed on a start date (she was even picking me up from the airport the next day) that the job would be yours! After a day of searching, applying and packing Joaquín and I went out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment