Wednesday 4 January 2017

South Africa: Plettenburg Bay 27.12.16 - 02.01.17

It has been lovely still being with my nannying family in Plett. We have been up to the usual of swimming and chilling on the beach.

I have been to a local market and have brought some delicious food didn't find many crafts that I haven't already brought before.

The kids have completed a colour run with their grandad. They really enjoyed it but came back covered in paint and left a trail around the house, so I had a lot of cleaning to do!


New Years Eve
I spent my evening with the family for a nice meal and a glass of champagne then at midnight we all went onto the roof to watch the fireworks from the beach. They were huge! I love fireworks.


New Years Day
I spent my first day of the year, 2017, at the beach. After brunch (bacon sandwich) we all headed down to the beach. Jumping in the waves, digging holes, sunbathing and I created one of my famous sand arts.


Last day and flying to Cape Town
Well my last day involved a lot of sorting out and packing. We decided to go down to the beach for a last swim on this cold and cloudy day. When we arrived everybody was watching the water...dolphins were swimming pass quickly. Next thing I think I saw was not a dolphin but a shark! We hadn't even put a toe in the sea when the life guard was calling everybody out of the water. We just lay on the beach watching the water and after 10/15 mins of waiting to see if we could go in we decided to give it a miss and go back for lunch. Off to the plane for the hour flight to Cape Town, finished the book I was reading and then enjoyed the view. Coming into Cape Town the sky was full of smoke...there was a fire on the ridge of the mountains and it was super windy. I then had to say goodbye to the Gilbertson's at the airport; this was very strange as I normally am flying with them.

After my goodbyes I took a taxi to the hostel, Atlantic Point. I had a very friendly welcome, had a tour of the place and taken to my room. I am sharing a dorm with 6 Brazilians and 1 New Zealander (Kerri). After unpacking and settling in I ventured to the bar and met some other people, one of those being Mattia (from Italy).

No comments:

Post a Comment