Monday 8 May 2017

Melbourne - Part 1 - 01.05.17 - 04.05.17

HOLIDAY TIME

After a busy day at work and packing up all my things, I was off to the airport to catch my 10pm flight to Melbourne. This was not a great flight as my ears were killing me but after a short time I landed and caught the SkyBus into Melbourne. Then found my way to my hostel at 1am...crept into the dark room and found a bed.

Before even getting up I was rudely awaken by my bed breaking...the person on top moved and got out then a metal rod hit me in the bum!  


After breakfast I spent my first day in Melbourne by joining the free walking tour (same as I did in Sydney). I saw bits of Melbourne and found out some great places to eat, drink and visit. I was quite tired so after getting some food I headed back to the hostel to chill out, I meet some Chilean guys - really got chatting to Joaquín and Przemek from Poland who was also in my dorm.

Day 2 - I saw Kate again!!!...we spent ages chatting over Nandos, she is now working as a Nannying for a lovely family with 2 boys. After Nandos we took a walk through the botanical gardens on the way to the Shrine of Remembrance.


In the evening I met one of her friends Kelly and we went to the Croft Institute - this was an interesting bar we got syringes to drink our drinks with and there was a hospital bed in the toilets! After drinks it was Chinese time!



Road trip time - Kate, Kelly and I went to The Dangenong Ranges these are an hour drive from Melbourne and you get a great view of the city on a clear day. 


We saw kookaburras and many cockatoos near the waterfall. We ventured down a forbidden path and got to the foot of the waterfalls.


It was a great day exploring. On returning to the hostel it was free drink night out at a bar so I went along with the Chileans. They kept dropping home like flies, it ended up being just Joaquín and I so we went for a walk through the park on the way back and saw loads of possums...they were even brave enough to come up to us, I sat on a bench and was having a photo with one when it turned it's back on my and almost pooed on me! I quickly jumped up at lightening speed.


4th May
This was the day I packed up, made my way with Kate to the airport and caught our flight to Alice Springs. The flight was great and the view out the window was nothing I've seen before and was just miles and miles of red.


No comments:

Post a Comment