Thursday 18 May 2017

Saying goodbye to Melbourne

Only a few days left in Melbourne before I had to be back at work!

I had already said goodbye to Kelly and Joaquín. I spent the Monday with Kate and Reggie at the library so I could sort out my vote for the election that was coming up in the UK. I then headed over to Ashleigh's where I was staying for the night to drop my bag before heading up to the Eureka tower...this is the tallest building in Melbourne and has some amazing views of the city. 




I got there just in time for the sunset but it was not a very good one because of the distant fog. It was amazing to see the lights come up on the city as it got darker and darker. 


I also got to experience the edge...this is a glass box that comes out the side of the building and you get a 360° view. After finishing up there it was time to head back to Ashleigh's but someone messaged me as they were returning from work and we met to say a final goodbye. Joaquín and I took a short walk down by the river and then to the tram stop once again. It was sad to say goodbye as I was not sure when I would see him again. Ashleigh cooked dinner for us (Kate and I), this was a lovely evening, we had a good girly chat.

It was then time to say goodbye to Ashleigh (thank you for letting me stay over for the night and for dinner), Kate and I headed back to hers and went to get our nails done before it was time to head to the airport. Kate drove me there, we said our final goodbye but I know this is not the last time we will see each other, even though we have not planned anything.


Board my flight back to Sydney and arrived back at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment