Tuesday 11 October 2016

I'm a celebrity 09.10.16

...following on;

At the museum as I was walking out a group of school children come bounding round the corner, saw me and came running and jumping towards me. They were so excited to see a Westerner they all wanted a group or individual photo with me, which they called a 'selfie'.  I just stood smiling while they took turns finally I managed to get away and get my shoes.

We didn't get to go to the Wagah Board because of the recent events with Pakistan, so instead of going to see the Beating Retreat Ceremony we visited a local Hindu Temple - this was a replica of the Golden Temple.  Our group were the only tourist there. Again we had to remove our shoes, we entered the Temple and had many eyes watching us. Many Hindu families come to pray for a boy child at this Temple. Every year there is a celebration and families dress up the children as the monkey God - Hanuman. Bringing their girls to pray to have a boy, their boys to say thanks to the God to be blessed with a a boy and families with no children to pray for a child.

I had so many people wanting to shake my hand and have photos taken, I now know what it is like to be famous! For many of them they have never meet a Westerner before and  associate us with Hollywood as they would only see us in films.

In the evening we all went out for a meal at the Yellow Chillie. It was run by an Indian Michelin star chef. The food was lovely,  I had a spicy chicken with a cashew nut sauce. When it came to pay everybody's bill was messed up with either things miss or bits added on. It took an hour to get it right. Sam was very helpful and sorted it out with 7 other restaurant staff and the door man.

Bed was calling after such a jam packed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment