Saturday 15 October 2016

Shimla and the toy train 13.10.16 - 14.10.16

We visited the Viceregal Lodge it was finished in 1888, and reminded me of being back in England. The garden was beautiful, just like an English garden, I even saw a humming bird. We took taxis back into town and took a lift up 2 street levels. We again spent the afternoon shopping and watched the sun go down...didn't manage to make it up to the Temple but got some great photos on my camera. Mary and Georgina got a henna tattoo and I had a horse ride around the square. It was our last meal as a whole group as the next day we are to get into Delhi late and will eat dinner on the train again, I hope it is as nice as last time.





Our 13 hour journey back to Delhi from Shimla started with the toy train, twisting and turning around the lush green mountains. We went through 107 tunnels and over 864 bridges. The seats were not comfortable and the toilet was interesting. This was the first day I have seen a daddy longlegs...2 came into the carriage and they got removed thanks to Karin, thank you for doing that, I'm not sure what the local people were thinking when I was sitting on the floor trying to get away from it! We then boarded the express train from Kalka to Delhi. Georgina  and I made Sam a thank you cards and yet again had some yummy food.
                  

So this was the end of the tour, we said our good byes and wished everyone safe travels.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Shimla too much because it is the god gift which has been given by. the climate is also good. thanks for the interesting post.
    http://shimlakullumanalihoneymoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Ludhiana and like to visit Shimla and Manali always. These are great destinations.

    ReplyDelete