Monday 24 October 2016

Sapphire International School 16.10.16 - 21.10.16

This week I have been visiting a school in Noida, Delhi, India.
This is what I have been getting up to:
Sunday 16th
I met some children  and we went to visit the Taj Mahal. They were very excited but a bit shy at first. The children enjoyed asking me lots of questions all day about myself and England. The Taj Mahal was very, very busy. Such a beautiful building, we spent some time wondering around and taking photos. We had some food on the way back as we got back late.



Monday 17th
This morning I was welcomed into the school, they put a tilak on my forehead with rice and a garland around my neck. I met the principle, chairman and his daughter and many students and staff. They were very welcoming. First I got a tour around the school and saw lots of art work they had created whilst studying artists. I had a music class perform a song, i joined in on an art class and went into to see some classes working. I then got to see a dance class,  they had a lot of energy...then I was thrown in and had to teach them some ballet for 10 minutes. After my tour I went with some children to 2 different local temples then it was back to school for some lunch. That was the end of my day.




Tuesday 18th
I arrived at the school to have breakfast. Then I was taken to teach 2 classes. The first class had a hand full of girls and lots of boys about 30 children. They get very excited. The next class was a lunch time club and the room was packed. They had 50 to 60 children, I taught them some ballet moves they were very dedicated and really took the steps in. After they continued with there normal club I tried to join in but they have so much energy. I was then taken to Swaminarayan Akshardham, it is such a beautiful building. It took over 13 years to complete by many craftsmen. We went into the exhibitions and learnt about the life of Bhagwan Swaminarayan.


Wednesday 19th
Today I went to another branch of the school. This school is quite new and only have a small number of pupils as it's only been open for 2 years and they will be expanding. I taught 2 classes here and the children were very excited to learn a new dance style and the teaches were intrigued as well. I had many compliments and was told I am an amazing ballet dancer.
I also met another chairperson from another school and she was very interested in linking more schools from the UK to India...my job has begun!


Thursday  20th
This morning I went to school and taught 2 Ballet lessons. Before that I had breakfast...every morning the school have given me breakfast and it has been delicious and something new to try each day. After the lessons teachers took me to Delhi Haat a big market with lots of specialties for each state in India. We had lunch there. Then on the way back Rishi invited me up to her flat for a lemonade,  it was very tasty and made up of water, lemon and sugar.

Friday 21st
This was my last day at the school. I wish I could have stayed longer, I had such a great time and learnt so much. Today I taught a few more lessons, then I had a chance to help the dance teacher choreograph the dance for the next performance as she wanted to incorporate Ballet into it. I can't wait to see the final show.  I want to say thank you to the school for having me there that week and for all your kind gifts I received. I will be back one day to visit again, I'm  am sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment