Tuesday 10 January 2017

Arriving in Hong Kong

After a quick transfer at Johannesburg I was on my way to Hong Kong. The flight was OK but didn't sleep much. Getting through the airport was quick but I spent ages waiting for my bag...then the sign said all bags delivered from the Johannesburg flight!!! OH NO! That means my bag is still in Johannesburg and didn't make my connecting flight. I was not alone there were 5 others too. I went along to the baggage reclaim desk and had to start filling in forms when they suddenly say that my bag is in the airport...it apparently fell off the conveyor belt. I was finally reunited with my backpack then I caught the train to Hong Kong station where Jake (Rachael's boyfriend) was there to collect me and took me to Rachael's apartment which is on Hong Kong Island in Wan Chai.

I got in, unpacked, showered and then had to find a restaurant to met Racheal at for her work. It was a birthday party for the girls she nannys for. Was a little bit of a challenge...started off going in the wrong direction and then ended up on a road close. Finally I managed it and found the restaurant.

We had a lovely meal, with 2 sets of chopstick white ones for picking the food you want off the table and black ones to eat with. We had duck pancakes (my favourite) but they love the skin (it is a delicacy), sweet and sour chicken, some green vegetable dish and something they call Chinese haggis. I did not try that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment