Monday 30 January 2017

My week in Perth: 22.01.17 - 29.01.17

Sunday 22nd
After Olivia drove me from the airport to hers I unpacked my bag for my weeks stay. We headed out to the supermarket to grab some bits...I got quite excited that I would be able to do some cooking. I've not cooked for myself since I left the UK. For lunch Olivia made me a vegemite (australian version of marmite) and cheese toastie, I really liked it! For the evening we took a trip to a bar along the seafront, I met some of Olivia's friends and had a drink and pizza. Before heading back to bed we stopped off to watch the very windy sunset. 


It was great to see Olivia, catch up and reminisce about India.

Monday 23rd
I spent the day catching up on a few things and working out what I needed to do to set myself up in Australia. I cooked leek and potato soup for lunch and cauliflower cheese for dinner. I loved cooking again! Before dinner though Olivia took me for a walk around Kings Park, I got a lovely view of the city.


Tuesday 24th
Found the river this morning and took a nice walk beside it eventually finding a tree to read my book under.


Retuning to the house I spent the afternoon again catching up on things and had a interview for a job in Sydney...I got a trial 2 weeks to see if it was for me and they liked me also - the job was at a stables caring for the horses. It was then time to start searching for flights.  I made vegemite pasta before we headed down to Elizabeth Quay for a drink and ice cream.

Wednesday 25th
This was a very productive day...I opened an Australian bank account, sorted out a new phone and number and got some riding bits for the job. I was all set up for life in Australia!  Catching the bus home to get ready for a night out at Perth's Fringe Festival. We went to see a comedy show called 6056, it was an interesting show...taking a lot about local things but I did get some jokes and laughed. Once I knew the fringe was on I got excited about seeing more shows. That was the next thing to book on my agenda.

Thursday 26th
HAPPY AUSTRALIAN DAY
Today is a national holiday for Australians so my day started off with a trip to the beach with Olivia. I am not one for swimming in the sea but still went in for a bit. It was a hot day so didn't spend long at the beach and headed back to the house to get ready for the party; Olivia had invited friends around for a BBQ. We had the pools filled up, the gas ready to cook, the ice bucket for drinks, I made fruit skewers, with the help of Monty...we were ready for everybody to arrive!


 It was a great afternoon chilling, eating and drinking. Unfortunately the fireworks down by the river were cancelled due to a fatality when a plane crashed.

Friday 27th
Olivia and I started the day with a swim. Most pools here are outside as it's so hot most of the time they don't need to be inside. It was lovely to be outside swimming. I then popped back into the city to shop while Olivia went to do her weekly  volunteering. I then met Olivia for dinner and some fringe shows.


First we went to see 'Elixir' - this was a acrobatic show with a twist and was really fun to watch. The next show was called 'By a Tread', this also involved acrobatics but was all done on a rope. It was amazing to watch and made me want to try it out! The night was still young so it was off to the silent disco to dance the night away.


Saturday 28th
I tried a new sport this morning...paddle boarding. 


This was easier than I was expecting and I didn't fall in even though I tried a yoga pose to. After a restful afternoon it was time to go back to the fringe, this time we went to see Matt Tarrant a magician and "mind reader". I wish I could be more wowed from tricks but just sit there working them out! We had some time before the next show so grabbed some dinner and ice-cream and again went to the silent disco. 


It poured down as we were dancing but we had to line up for the next show so it was a quick dash to the line. Club Briefs was the next show this was the 3rd time for me seeing these performers do a show. It was just as I was expecting and we had a very fun time...the show even ran over as we were all having a great time.

Sunday 29th
This we my last day in Perth and after having brunch Olivia and I went to Caversham Wildlife Park. Monty loved this day and met many animals that you find in Australia (see next post for photos). I met a koala, wombat and kangaroo. 




The evening was spent packing and eating Indian and doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment