Friday 6 January 2017

South Africa: Cape Town - Boulders Beach 05.01.17

Thursday 5th
Today Mattia had left early to go to another town outside of Cape Town, so I was trying to sort out how to get down to Boulders Beach when I recieved a message from Charl asking what I was doing that day and if I wanted to join them on a drive. That was sorted we (Charl, Rivaz, Mateen, Natalia and I) were off to Simon's Town taking the scenic route there.


 It was such a beautiful drive down and the car was full of chatter, music and laughter.

Arriving at Boulders Beach we went to see the penguins; it was strange to see them all sitting on the beach, the smell wasn't very pleasant. We all watched as the penguins went for a swim, waddled along or sat in crescents in the sand.


Time for food! We were all so hungry and went to Spur a South African restaurant where I had ribs. Feeling full now we got back in the car to head to the hostel to get ready for the night ahead.

Many of us went out for drinks and dancing. It was a busy night hopping from one bar to another as nobody could decide where to stay. Charl could not keep his eyes off me! Arrived at a club eventually and had to get my ID out (from the start of this trip everybody has thought I am between 16 and 24, at least when I am 40 I should still look 10 years younger). Anyways we ended up deciding not to go in and call it a night, headed to McDonald's and back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment